Weekend Wrap-Up

If you're looking for my A-Z Challenge Post, click HERE.
What an absolutely gorgeous weekend!  When I left school on Friday, this is all I took:


I wouldn't have even taken my iPad, but I need to make sure it's charged up for today.  This was the first weekend in I don't know how long that I've brought nothing home to work on.  This was a much needed weekend...a getaway weekend.  A CAMPING weekend!  Yep, the first camping weekend of Spring!
The Tn. Chapter of "TearJerkers & Tiny Trailers" had our Spring Campout, and it was in my favorite campground...so far.  CH had to go to a meeting out of town on Friday morning, and the campground was kind of on his way, so he took our camper down Thursday night and left it in the parking lot.  He had most of the campsite set up by the time I got there after work.  CH's brother and his wife joined us for the weekend, too.
It was cool enough Friday night that we turned on the heater, but Saturday night we slept with the windows open.  Talk about some great sleeping weather!  At one point Sat. night, CH's phone beeped, and I thought it was my alarm. It took me a few seconds to realize I wasn't in my house, I was sleeping so well.
Saturday was a lazy day of walking around and visiting, and napping.  My BIL got out his "quad copter" (I think that's what it's called).  It's really cool:  he can fly it, and it has a go-pro (or something like it) attached to it so he can take videos and pictures from it.  He also has a mount on the controller so he can attach his phone to it and see what's being filmed.
My BIL made a "Low Country Boil" for Saturday's lunch:  shrimp, sausage, potatoes, onions, and corn on the cob.  OOO-EEEE it was good!  For breakfast that day, we CH fixed french toast and sausage; on Sunday he fixed sausage, scrambled eggs, and cinnamon rolls (in the dutch oven).  Saturday night was our pot-luck, and, as always, there was way more food that people!
Here are some pictures of our campsite:







My "Niece-Dog" found a way to be inside their camper and still keep an eye on them!
I don't care what side of the fence you're on, what this couple put on their teardrop is funny!
(Just in case you can't read it:  Our new home Tks Obama!)
Laika had plenty of romps in the water and proclaimed the weekend a complete success:





8 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! Love your camper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds absolutely wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! I'm so glad ... you deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not much of a camper, but I will say, sleeping with fresh air really is the best sleep you can get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sign!!! Glad you got to get away. It looks lovely and so relaxing. Funny place for you niece dog to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun weekend for you! Yeah! (Liked that sign!) Driving home we ran into a guy who must have been taking home his brand new tear drop. A honk and a wave later...we were on our way :) Great minds think alike, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! this looks like a fabulous weekend to me. You had good food, fresh air, dogs and fun people. Don't all meals at camp taste like the best food ever?? I love the Obama crack; too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts