1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time?
Just doing my summer routine that I started this summer.
2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word.
3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day.
Not too hot, low humidity. Just right for spending the day in the mountains and enjoying the fresh mountain air.
4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?
I take this to mean that in the deep summer, it's just too hot and humid to be productive. And, in that case, I think it's perfectly acceptable!
Since it feels like my summer is already half over, I've had a semi-ambitious summer so far: I've read 10 books (I'll finish my 11th today), got a closet cleaned out, and got the house looking respectable again (for the most part).
5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?
Cliff Huxtable. Funny, but no nonsense when he needed to be, and just a lot of fun.
He's not anything like my dad...my dad is a pretty serious man with a very dry sense of humor!
6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.
In the summers, on Sundays (I think...I don't think it was on Sat., but it could have been), Mom & Dad would pack up the car & we would head for the mountains for a picnic and swimming in the cold mountain river. We would find a place on the side of the road, pile out, and float in innertubes or just play in the water. Good times.
7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as-Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?
I've never been to any of them. While the pictures from Bora Bora look amazing, I'll have to go with Lewis & Harris, because I'd really like to visit Scotland.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I've really made a HUGE effort the past 3 weeks to walk for 30 minutes every day, follow the diet that the dietician gave me 10 years ago (when I lost 50 pounds), and drink a lot of water. In fact, except for a bottle of diet green tea every day, that's all I've been drinking...oh, and a cup of coffee in the morning. I lost 5 pounds the first week, and nothing since. Absolutely nothing. I'm really starting to get discouraged. I should have lost at least another 5 pounds. I have to go back for blood work at the beginning of July, and she's going to check my thyroid levels. I'm thinking that's got to be it, especially since I have some of the signs of an underactive one. Getting old really sucks.
On a happier note, OS is coming home for a visit today! A college friend of his is getting married this weekend, and he is part of the wedding party.
A picture that he took yesterday:
From his house: