FridayFragments

Half-Past Kissin' Time
Well, I haven't done this in a while! I may be a bit rusty, but...here it goes!

~ My mountain school's 1st grade put on a show this week. Some of the Teacher Assistants readied the stage:
~ We had some excitement at my new/old school on Wed. 
Just as school was about to start, the power went out. Unfortunately, it was only out for about 40 minutes, so we didn't get to go home.

~ This was the first full week in 3 weeks for me, and it seemed like it would never end. I'm so glad to see this week end! Only 1 more before break.

~ I finally got the tree up and the house decorated. Our new ornaments this year:
From Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House (Lynchburg, Tn.):
The Slave Market in Charleston, SC:
 Last year's trip to the Keys:

 From the USS Alabama (Mobile, Al.):
   
So, the tree is up, the house is decorated, but no presents have been purchased. Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute, huh?

9 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the shopping! Love that you purchase ornaments from all your travels! Have a great weekend.
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you buy ornaments from places you visited; as you decorate, you can remember the good times there :) I think kids' plays are so cute, especially the younger the grades :)

    You're doing better than I am with getting the treee up (but then of course I'm not decorating this year since we are moving) but I too haven't started shopping; thankfully I have a handful and gift cards work wonders for them :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm half way done & pretty much in a panic... if I hadn't started? I'd be full on stroke level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since we are travelling there was no decorating this year. I do need to look over the decorations to see if there might be something appropriate for the RV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had the decorations up since Thanksgiving weekend, but I tend to be a little last minute on the gifts too. Although it's a little better this year. Your ornaments are lovely. Happy Friday Frags!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it that late already?? I have a lot of presents, but I also have a lot more to get. Thanks for the prod.
    That stage looks amazing! I hope the show was equally amazing :)
    Thanks for linking up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ornaments. We used to collect them as we traveled as well. The grandchildren love to hear about our adventures and where they came from. I also buy jewelry from every where.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your new ornaments! Would you believe I haven't started any decorations yet?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts