Holiday Hodgepodge


1. Time magazine has selected The Ebola Fighters as their person of the year for 2014. Do you agree, and if so who would you say is a close second? If you disagree with their choice, who do you think should have been chosen? 
I would disagree. My vote would be for Pope Francis. What an amazing, humble man.



2. This question comes to you courtesy of Susan who blogs over at Stew Mama Says. She knows we have a wedding happening any minute now, and she asks, 'What's your favorite-something old? something new? something borrowed? something blue in your home?  Be sure you hop over and say hi to Susan today! 
Old: My grandmother's rosary; New: My Christmas ornaments; Borrowed: I have no idea...I try not to borrow stuff!; Blue: My Danish plates

3. Fudge-yay or nay? Your favorite flavor? Do you make it yourself? With nuts or without?  
Oh, yeah!!! Just give me regular chocolate...or peanut butter. I make peanut butter for Christmas.

4. December 17th is Wright Brothers Day, commemorating the first successful flights made by Orville and Wilbur Wright in 1903 in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.  How old were you when you made your first flight? Do you like to fly? Have you ever been to Kitty Hawk or other parts of the North Carolina Outer Banks? 
I was a senior in high school when I first flew. I love to fly! It's so cool that you can get to your destination in no time! I have been to Kitty Hawk & the Outer Banks.

5. Do the people in your family tend to follow a particular career path, and if so what's the path?
We do seem to have quite a few engineers in our family; the males, anyway.


6. What is one thing you absolutely, positively must accomplish today?
Since it's 7:33 p.m. as I type this, I have to say "sleep". 


7. This Christmas I hope___________________________________.
My daddy is able to get through the day without hurting too much. 


8. Insert your own random thought here.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
I heard this song for the first time as I was in my car yesterday. We've had a very foggy couple of days, and as I listened to this song, a ray of sunshine broke through.

12 comments:

  1. Pope Francis was Man of the Year in 2013, so probably why he wasn't on the list this year. I just heard that Mark Schulz song for the first time this week too. I heard an interview with him, and it was his father-in-law's death that inspired him to write it. I will be thinking of your dad, praying he finds joy in the day with family. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those little moments - like the sun coming out during the Christmas song. If we keep our minds open I think we catch some really cool "God moments."

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful song. I know I have experienced a few of those "different kind" of Christmases. Sadly, we all do at one time or another. Great Hodgepodge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that your dad will get through this first Christmas ok. My mom passed on Christmas Eve so that next Christmas was a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be a difficult Christmas without your mom, but embrace it, rather than run from it. You'll be stronger because you did. Praying for you and your dad, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the song. I like it.
    I wonder if it is new. I have not heard it til now.

    I pray your dad does not hurt and is able to enjoy Christmas.

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi there! I accidentally unfollowed you on IG, i meant to unfollow someone else because they kept filling my feed up and most of the photos i didn't care for. I sent you a new request.

    I hope you get your Christmas wish, i too hate seeing people in pain. ;( Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish everyone a healthy, merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someone said he should have been the most fascinating person of the year (Barbra Walters special) - I agreed with that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing that beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope the same for your daddy. My dad's cancer is on the move again. He's not in any pain or anything, but I am uneasy about it. Dad's are so great. I try not to borrow stuff either. I bet your blue dishes are lovely! I'm looking forward to everyone coming home for Christmas. DD2 moves from DC to Nashville on the 21st and flies here on the 23rd. She's going to be tired. LOL Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look like pretty blue dishes :) I tend not to want to borrow things because I forget to return them, LOL (especially books).

    It will be a hard Christmas for your dad; you guys too without your mom. Things will seem so different and of course they will be different since she's not there to help in the celebrations.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts