Taking a Moment

I'm taking time out on this Christmas Day to remember my mama on what would have been her 85th birthday. My brother shared this on FB, and it couldn't be more perfect. If you knew my mother, you would know that this poem fits her perfectly. When I read it, I can hear her saying these words:

 I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below,
with tiny lights like heaven's stars reflecting on the snow.

 The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear
 for I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
but the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you the joy their voices bring,
for it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart,
for I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

 I can't tell you of the splendor or the peace here in this place.
Can you just imagine Christmas with our Savior face to face?

I'll ask Him to lift your spirit as I tell Him of your love,
so then pray for one another as you lift your eyes above.

Please let your hearts be joyful and let your spirit sing,
for I am spending Christmas in heaven and I'm walking with the King.
 ~ Wanda Bencke ~

10 comments:

  1. I know it had to be a hard day for you and your family, Mary, but this poem fit so well any loved one who is in heaven celebrating this most special of days. It is so comforting to know one day you will see her again and celebrate right along with her.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing my mother today as well. Beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The holidays are always difficult when we're missing a loved one ... especially that first year. I'm praying that you will find comfort in your memories and in knowing that you will see her again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh mercy... choked me up.
    I know those first holidays are the hardest when you loose someone. I know you felt her near.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem, Mary. Hugs to you on this first miss birthday, first missed Christmas. Also sending you warm Christmas wishes during this season of hope and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Mum is with your's this year too. Mum's birthday was December 25th, which makes Christmas all that much MORE.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the poem. My heart is with you. I know first hand how hard the holidays are. Love you my friend and praying for you. Hope your Christmas was bright....and here is to a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just beautiful! Sending love your way. XO

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts