Waiting Patiently through the Hodgepodge


This week's Hodgepodge (hosted by Joyce) seems to be centered around waiting. At least a couple of questions, anyway. So, I decided to go with that since I have such a hard time coming up with creative titles for my posts.

1. What is one new holiday tradition you'd like to establish, or one you've established recently, say in the last year or two?
I'm thinking the "Lighting of the Barrels" could be the beginning of a tradition. However, next time, we'd like to go to the one in London.

2. It's the second week of December. Have you sipped a cup of eggnog yet this month? Wrapped a gift? Opened a gift? Kissed someone under the mistletoe? Lit a candle? Eaten a Christmas cookie? Seen Santa in person? Watched a Christmas movie or special? Read scripture relating to the birth of Jesus?
No eggnog, no gift, no opening of gifts, no kissing. We light the candles on the Advent Wreath every night that we eat at home. I ate a Christmas Cookie last week at the Barrel Lighting. Santa was at our mall the week before Thanksgiving. (Go figure.) I've been watching Christmas movies since early November, so I'll be over it within the next week! 

3. Do you think it's better to be an adult or a child at Christmastime? Explain.
A child. Definitely a child. The waiting, anticipation, and excitement of Christmas is definitely for children.

4. It's often said, 'Good things come to those who wait'...agree or disagree? Why?
I don't know if it's really a "good thing", or if it just seems like a good thing after having to wait for it.

5. What's the last sweet thing you baked? Did you keep it, take it to a party/event, or give it away?
Cookies. To be more specific, Pumpkin Cookies from Pillsbury. I made them for us.

6.  This question comes to us courtesy of Jhona who blogs over at The Red House at the End of the Lane. Everyone hop over and say hi to Jhona this week!  Here is her question... "I heard an actor talk about how he makes a conscious choice to talk to people in elevators.  He chooses to connect, make eye contact, and converse. Do you talk to people/strangers when you're in an elevator or any other place where you might have to wait together? Why or why not?"
If I'm with CH or someone else, I will at least say hello. You never know who you will be fortunate to meet, or what you will learn.

7. Are you on the naughty or nice list this year? What put you there?
That would depend on what week it is! ;)

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I didn't take any pictures during CH's Christmas Party, but a coworker took a picture of the view off of the back of the yacht we were on:
Have y'all seen this new KMart commercial? It's a sequel to last year's Christmas commercial, and it's hilarious!

9 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen the new ad, so thanks for posting that : ) Looks like a nice company party venue. I hope you get your London Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a fun place for a Christmas party! I agree with the part of being a child waiting for Christmas. As an adult, we see all the things that need to get done; as a child, they just get to enjoy the beauty of the season and the pretty wrapped toys under the Christmas tree, just waiting to be opened.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, barrel lighting ... I wonder how many places do a barrel lighting at Christmas? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patience is key, for sure. I don't have much of it. I've already sipped way too much eggnog for it being this early in the season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kmart does the Christmas commercials every year... its a shame they can't keep that attention all year round . Aren't they closing like half their stores? Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had not seen this commercial. It is cute. Can't wait for next week. We have semester exams on Weds - Friday and get out at 12 on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny commercial. I haven't seen it on TV, but I did see it on FB. I enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Christmas party on a yacht, wow! That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to be with you when you go to London. What a lovely view you had!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts