Wednesday Hodgepodge

I'm a couple of days late, but finally had a minute to write my answers and get this posted!

1. What is something in your life right now that feels a little 'hodgepodge'?
How about: everything. Seriously. 

2. What does 'peace on earth, goodwill to men' mean to you?
That the whole word would know peace. There would be no wars, and all countries would be in peace.

3. Which edible treat you are most looking forward to sampling this December?
My "Texas Millionaires". Or, I guess I should say that they're Mama's family's Texas Millionaires! They're kind of a bear to make, but they are soooo worth it!

4. It's that most wonderful time of the year...do you agree, and if so why is it so wonderful?  If not, what would you say is the most wonderful time of the year?

5. What was the last word you looked up in a dictionary (actual or online) and why?
I looked up an idiom in the dictionary to explain its meaning to a student. I don't remember what it was, though!

6. Besides a Christmas tree, what is your favorite thing to decorate this time of year?
The house. I love having the house decorated with garland & candles.

7. Share one thing you've learned (about yourself, people, or anything at all) in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, or through blogging in general. 
Oh. My. There are just too many things to narrow it down to just one! I have learned that bloggers aren't weird at all, and that, in general, they are all pretty nice people!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
The Small Town High School is in the State Championships once again. They haven't lost a state championship game yet; every time they've been in the game, they've won. Let's hope they keep it up!
The Small Town lit the Park Christmas Tree on Monday night. The Parks & Rec have a celebration, but it starts at 6:00 (dinnertime at our house!) & it started raining, so we opted out of it...again.
The music dept. of YS' community college had their "Holiday Spectacular" last night. It was amazing, and really put us in the holiday spirit. We were a couple of very proud parents! (That's him on the right end!)
My new candy molds came in yesterday, along with some dry fondant for making chocolate covered cherries! Last year, I put my molds in the top drawer of my dishwasher, which would've been fine, except I had the "sanitize" option on.  OOPS!


4 comments:

  1. Oops on that sanitizing cycle and the candy molds!! I enjoyed your Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry bout small town's loss this year : ( Our highschool won the state championship yesterday. They get to play the game at MetLife Stadium (where the Jets and Giants play) which is pretty exciting for everyone. The weather was horrible yesterday though, big rain all day, so I'm glad the fans who sat through it were rewarded with a win. The great thing about sports is there is always next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, everything in my life is hodgepodge right now. I Googled the candy and it sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you've got me intrigued about Texas Millionaires! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts