Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend saw some tea-drinking (not the norm for me), quite a bit of sleeping, some baking, and a celebration.
Friday, as the day wore on, my throat got progressively worse. I figured it was just the beginning of a cold, so I suffered through it. I drank lemon & ginger tea with honey in it, sucked on lozenges, and kept a glass of water by my bed. I'd sleep a couple of hours, then wake up with my throat on fire. Not what I needed this weekend.
Saturday, we had to get up early for a special celebration:
 MS graduated from UT-Knoxville! OS was able to come in, but YS had to work and then play for the commencement ceremony at his community college. We really missed him.
The ceremony was over 2 hours long...made longer by the guest speaker who apparently thought he was on the stage to teach a biology class. OS leaned over and asked if he was going to get any credit for sitting through it.
After the ceremony, we had lunch, then CH & I went home & I went to bed.
Sunday morning, I was at the Clinic right after it opened; it was filling up fast. After about 1.5 hours, the dr. took 1 look at my throat and said she would be surprised if my strep test came back negative and wrote a prescription. I got it filled, then went home and made some tea. I managed to stay up long enough to get most of the laundry done, then I went back to bed. CH ran out to "our Mexican restaurant" and grabbed take-out. In the meantime, I did a little baking for the office staffs at both of my schools:
These Eggnog Breads with Rum Glaze are just amazing. And, they're really easy, too. The first time I made them (a couple of years ago), I over mixed them, but I got the hang of it after that. You can make one regular size loaf, but honestly, it doesn't turn out as well as when you make the mini-loaves.

That was my weekend. I'm looking forward to getting this week started so it will be over! 


6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that you were sick this weekend ... hoping your meds will get you to feeling better soon! I think I'm trying to come down with something ... so far the symptoms are just sneezing and a runny nose, so I suspect that it's just a cold. Hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were sick; not good to be sick this time of year! Glad you got into the clinic though for some meds. Congrats to MS on his graduation! An accomplishment indeed! Sorry though you were under the weather so it couldn't be a great celebration! Even with feeling sick, you still had time to bake, amazing!

    hope you feel better soon,

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon. Take time to be the proud Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your son on graduating!!! So sorry you've not been feeling well....hopefully the meds are working by now.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to MS! But I have to say I HATE long when commencement speakers go long. Hope your throat is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to MS! Sorry your weren't feeling well. Hope your doing better now. Your eggnog bread look yummy. Going to head over and check out the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts