Another Friday Frags

Friday Fragments with Star2
 WOW! I'm on a roll: 2 Friday Frags in a row! (Although last week I completely forgot to link up!)

 Nothing much happened this week, just the usual. The Small Town had their Christmas Tree Lighting in the park on Tues. It was originally scheduled for last week, but we had a lot of rain at the beginning of the week so it was rescheduled. They really do a good job with it; they have luminaries lighting the sidewalks & 1 of the roads is blocked for the "train rides". I wanted to take some pictures, but Tues. was a Holy Day of Obligation so I went to Mass. Maybe next year. 

 I don't know how  you people who live in warm weather get in the Christmas Spirit. Our temps are supposed to be in the 70's this weekend, and it just doesn't feel like Christmas. Our family get-together is this weekend, so the windows will be open and the little ones will be playing outside.

 Wed. we had our quarterly SLP (Speech Language Pathologist) meeting, followed by our Christmas party at a local restaurant. Our Speech Coordinator printed out Christmas rhymes and taped the answers on the ornaments that we brought in for the ornament swap. It was a great idea! I ended up getting the ornament that the person sitting beside me brought, and she got the one I brought, AND the same ornament as another SLP!
These are my "Speech Besties" (at least the one on the right is 1...after she knows I included this picture she may disown me!):
I told the one on the right to "elongate her neck" (which is what I tell myself these days when I'm in a picture!) and this is what happened! The lady in the middle is my "presenting buddy": we've presented a poster at the national convention and spoke at the state convention in Oct. These are amazing ladies & SLPs!

 Lastly...an impromptu selfie with CH:
 If you've participated in Friday Frags with Mrs. 4444, link up with Traci at A Star in my Own Universe. She's picked up the torch and is trying to get this thing back up off the ground!

Has anything exciting happened in your neck of the woods this week?

3 comments:

  1. Give me ALL the warm weather. Santa can sweat it out & I'd be thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing your photos today and it has been very easy for me to acclimate to warm weather for Christmas! I love being able to turn off the AC and open the house to fresh air with temps in the 70s!! Whoohooo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your frags. Looks like you have been having a good time. I forgot all about Friday Frags last week. Oh well, I'll try for this next week maybe.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts