1. What's left to be done on your Christmas to-do list?
I have to make a couple of batches of Texas Millionaires; 1 for our neighbors & 1 for us, and then cook Christmas Eve Dinner & Christmas Brunch, and that's it. I've really scaled down my preparations this year. It's been totally stress-free and very relaxing.
2. The Hodgepodge lands on the first day of winter this year. What's your favorite thing about winter?
Some people are going to think this is crazy, but I love that it gets dark so early, especially if I don't have anywhere I need to be after work. I love getting into my jammies right after supper and hopping into bed to watch a movie.
3. In what area of your life are you immature? Feel free to elaborate or not.Oh, my! I think the better question would be "in what area am I mature?"!
4. What was the most (or one of the most) important lessons you learned in 2016?
God knows everything. He knows what we're going to do, how we're going to mess up, and how we're going to fix it, so there's no need to worry. He's got it.
5. It's Fried Shrimp Day...are you a fan? What's your favorite way to eat shrimp? Will there be shrimp somewhere in your holiday feastings?
I absolutely love shrimp! Favorite way: marinate in Italian Dressing and grill. There will most certainly be shrimp in my very near future!
6. What sound lulls you to sleep?
I can't believe I'm saying this, but...silence. I've always had to have some background noise to sleep, but during Lent I started going to sleep without the tv or radio on.
7. What one word best describes your 2016?
Rollercoaster. It started off kind of sucky, we had fantastic trips to Edisto & SD, and then the fires in the area.
8. Insert your own random thought here.I was ready for a very quiet Christmas with just my daddy, CH, and YS. OS is out on the West Coast with his girlfriend, and MS decided to stay at school. There was an incident with his car and the university bus, so he was without a car. I had resigned myself to maybe seeing him next week for a day or two. BUT...one of his friends let him borrow his truck, and he surprised me! CH & YS didn't say anything to me, and I was totally surprised!
Merry Christmas! See y'all next year!