Summery Wednesday Hodgepodge

Joyce comes up with a few questions almost every Wednesday for us to answer...kind of like a virtual meet & greet! 

1. The first day of summer rolls in later this week. What are ten things you'd put on your list of  quintessential summer activities? Will you try to manage all ten this summer?
10???? Are you kidding me??? I just want to get through this kitchen renovation before I go back to work on July 24th! I can't think about what I'd rather be doing; I just want this to be over so I can start enjoying my new beautiful kitchen.

2. Do you collect seashells when you're at the beach? What do you do with them once you get them home? What's your favorite place to comb for seashells? How many of these 'best beaches for hunting seashells' have you visited? Which one would you most like to visit?

Calvert Cliffs State Park (Maryland), Jeffrey's Bay (South Africa), Sanibel Island (Florida), Shipwreck Beach (Lanai Hawaii), Ocracoke Island (North Carolina), Galveston Island (Texas) and The Bahamas
I'm not much for collecting or searching for seashells, because of the clean up after to make sure they don't smell. I do enjoy looking at them while walking the seashore, but that's about it.  When we were at the Outer Banks last year, I did keep a look out for sea glass but had no luck.
I went to Ocracoke last summer, and I went a crappy band trip to The Bahamas my senior year. I don't think I've ever been to Galveston Island; if I have it was when I was really little & I obviously don't remember it. There are so many other places I'd rather go than the ones listed.

3. At a snail's pace, shell out money, come out of your shell, go back into your shell, drop a bombshell, happy as a clam, clam up...which 'shell' phrase could most recently be applied to some event or circumstance in your life? Explain.
Wow. This renovation seemed to be moving right along, but now it's at a snail's pace and I foresee that I'll have to shell out some money. CH is causing me to come out of my shell to get what I want when I'm happy as a clam to clam up and let him drop the bombshell. I just want to go back into my shell and come out when it's over.

4. What summer activity do you dislike? Why?
The Small Town's "FreedomFest". For starters, they're having it this Saturday, which is over a full week before the 4th of July. The fireworks have Laika hiding behind CH's chair, shaking like a leaf. 

5. What's something you see as quickly becoming obsolete? Does that bother you?
Trick or Treat. It's sad that this country has become such a place where the kids can't have the memories or fun that we had when we were growing up. Or, that Halloween is seen as "the devil". People need to lighten up.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
Look at this sweet girl:
We have a year-long house guest
Looks like she'll be staying with her grams for a year until MS gets through with Law School.  We're having an adjustment period, but she's settling in, and Laika and Pepper are learning to tolerate. It was pitiful when MS left on Sunday: Girl Dog kept running to the living room window, looking out and watching each car as it went by. Hopefully this year will go by quickly and they will be reunited.

8 comments:

  1. It's kind of become a 'fireworks season' as opposed to a day. I hope the new pup settles in soon. Hang in there with the kitchen re-do. It's a big project, but I'm sure you'll love the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little house guest! A kitchen renovation is messy work but boy I bet you'll love it when it's all over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about Halloween. It might have started out as a pagan ritual, but it no longer is thought of that way. I went to Catholic school, and one of our stops for candy was the nun's house and the priests house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...poor pup. Such a sweet face! I'm so excited to see the end results of your kitchen renovation! I'm sure it will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you kitchen gets done soon and you must speak up, you have to be happy with each thing! The kids still trick or treat by us. I didn't think that was going away anytime soon. We still get 100 kids each year. Enjoy you time with you grandpuppy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living through a remodel is the worst, but the horror and memories will fade once it is done!
    Our small town's July 4th celebration starts the week before and goes on the whole time, but the fireworks aren't until the actual 4th. We can still hear a good bit of the noise from the carnival, though, since they have bands, rides, and bingo being called.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a wonderful grandmom to your fur grandbabby! She'll adjust. We kept Gambit when Rooster enlisted in the Air Force. He can't have him where he's based because of the breed of dog that Gambit has in him. Gambit was so confused at first, but now he thinks he's 100% ours. We spoil him rotten too!

    Hope you are enjoying your summer as much as I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh...hope the puppy adjusts quickly. They just don't understand change.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts