From this Side of the Pond for another round of Wednesday Hodgepodge.I'm linking up with Joyce at
1. The Hodgepodge lands on June 14th this week, Flag Day in the US of A. Do you fly your country's flag at home? Sometimes, often, or every single day? Have you ever visited the city of Brotherly Love (Philadelphia)? Did you make a point of seeing The Betsy Ross House? Have you ever made a trip to Baltimore? If so, was Fort McHenry on your itinerary? (where Francis Scott Key was inspired to write The Star Spangled Banner)
Since we don't have a proper way to fly Old Glory, we don't have the flag flying.
I've never been to Philly...or to Baltimore. I need to get out more.
2. Red flag or white flag? Which have you encountered most recently? Explain.
White flag. My house is a total mess (see my "State of the Kitchen" posts) so I have no choice.
3. Are you a stay in the car listen to the end of a song kind of person? What kind of person is that?
When I was younger, I used to be. Now, I'm more likely to stay in my car listening to talk radio.
4. What are some of the traits or qualities you think a good dad possesses? In other words, what makes a good dad? What's an expression you associate with your father?
Patience, willingness to spend time with the child. The expression that I'll always associate with my father: "Gosh darn it, Mary"!!! (I don't want to say I was a handful growing up, but...!!!)
5. What's one rule you always disagreed with while growing up? Is that rule somehow still part of your adult life? Is that a good or bad thing?
My curfew. In a way, it is still part of my life, especially now that I'm older and try to be in bed by 10:00 during school nights!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Y'all won't believe what's been happening at my house this week! I don't want to spoil anything, so come back on Thursday and see what's going on!!!