On a Roll With the Wednesday Hodgepodge


I'm on a roll with the Wednesday Hodgepodge: Give it up for 4 weeks in a row! Joyce keeps cranking them out, week after week, with very few breaks.

1. January 24th is National Compliment Day. Is it easy or not so easy for you to accept a compliment? Share a recent compliment you've given or received.

It's not very easy for me to take a compliment. Recently, my name was drawn from other employees who completed online sessions from the Special Ed Dept. Everyone kept congratulating me on a job well done when I hadn't done anything at all...I just finished those little sessions so I could have a day off during the school year.

2. Ten little things you are loving right now.
I'm only going to keep it to 5...don't want to bore you just yet!
Reliving my Ireland vacation
My breadmaker. Makes fantastic pizza dough!










These 2 getting along...for the moment




My slow cooker. Have any good recipes to share?




CH & I love these! A better alternative to regular chips. They have "veggie" in the name, so they must be healthier, right?















3. Would people describe you as a positive person? Do you see yourself that way? I read here a list/description of eight things positive people do differently-

Positive people find something to look forward to every day, they celebrate the small stuff, they're kind, they stay busy, accept responsibility for their actions, forgive themselves, know when to move on, and resist comparisons

Which action on the list would you say you do regularly? Which action could you add to your life to give you a more positive outlook? If you're a positive person, what's something you do regularly that's not on the list?


Here's the thing: I try to be a positive person, and I would hope that people would describe me that way. The only thing on the list that I have to really work on is resisting comparisons. I do my best to steer clear of negative people, because they can certainly bring you down!

4. Homemade chicken soup, beef stew, or a bowl of chili...what's your pleasure on a cold winter's day?
Chicken Noodle Soup with a peanut butter & jelly sandwich and chips is the best lunch ever, but especially on a cold winter's day!

5. The best part of my day is....

My prayer time. After I've taken the shower and fed the dogs, it's "me & Jesus" time. It helps me get the day off to a good start and helps me focus on the important things.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

Just in case you didn't notice, I've finally started writing about my trip to Ireland. I'm posting on Mondays & Thursdays for a total of 8 posts. As I'm looking up information about things my SIL & I saw, I realize just how little time we had and how much we missed. I definitely need to go back and see some more things!

13 comments:

  1. Mary,

    Mmm, the mere mention of a bread maker makes me want some fresh baked bread. :) It's hard to bust out of the dreadful habit of comparing oneself to another but I learned long ago we can't be alike. God created us to be unique individuals. How dull of a world we would live in if we all looked or acted the same, right? Of course, I would like to see less crazies running around. This encompasses so much that I'll leave it at that. Anyhow, stirring clear of negative people is a wise thing to do because these people are miserable and are bent on bringing you down to their level. I say stock pile those positive vibes, surround yourself with good hearted people and let the sunshine in! PB & jelly sandwiches...you know I just mentioned to DH the other night that I hadn't had one in a long time and then I see this here. I guess I'm gonna have to remedy this and one for lunch really soon. Spending time talking with God is wonderful. I find I do this all the time throughout the day. Tha's one the advantages of being alone for several hours. DH is at work and our kids are all moved out. So...it's me and Jesus all day long! Which brings to mind the old hymnal...what a friend I have in Jesus...and it's so true. Have a good day and be blessed! ;)

    Curious as a Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes! Those crazies! PB & jelly...you never outgrow them, do you? :)

      Delete
  2. I still make all our bread by hand, but I keep hearing how much people like their bread makers. I may have to look into getting one.

    A trip to Ireland sounds lovely! Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm enjoying seeing it through your eyes.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had no luck with bread unless I use the breadmaker. I have a yeast phobia! :)

      Delete
  3. Who knew a bread maker can make dough!? Probably everyone except me. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I rarely make bread in it...just the dough. I have such a hard time getting the yeast to rise otherwise!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, homemade bread. Warm and slathered in butter is too hard to resist. I use my crock pot quite a bit. I have a chicken recipe that's delicious and if I can remember I'll send it to you. I think I have it on Pinterest-are you there? If not I can copy and paste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I resurrected my bread machine and we are enjoying it again! I am enjoying your Ireland posts and am happy there are more to look forward to!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so agree with you about steering clear of negative people. Man, do they suck the energy from a room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your answer to best time of day, I love my prayer time as well, time for me to talk to my Lord the only one that knows all about me. I try to stay positive and yes I believe I strive to fill your definition as well
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems like most of us have had trouble accepting compliments. I've never had a PB&J with chicken noodle soup. I think of tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich. I definitely need to make time for prayer. I do talk with God at the end of the day when I go to bed. I will get to your trip posts when I can. I love your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary! I did enjoy your hodgepodge today and I can certainly relate to many of your answers. And Ireland is on my bucket list...hopefully one day before I die I will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Five things I'm into right now: Sourdough baking, Bible journaling, BIAY, exercising with Beachbody on demand, writing.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts