Royally Hodgepodge



You can tell I'm on summer break because I'm back again!!!

1. The last place you visited/patronized where you felt like you were given 'the royal treatment'?
During my trip to Ireland, I felt like we were being pampered almost the whole time. We shared a car/driver with another family but we felt pretty pampered along the way.

2. The last task you completed that was a 'royal pain'?
Getting the end of the year stuff done. I'm being transferred from one of my schools so I had to pack up the materials there. It wasn't my base school so it wasn't that much a pain but it had to be done.

3. How have your strengths helped you succeed? How have your faults hindered you?
Being able to get along with most people has been perfect for my job. I have to get along with so many different people so it has come in handy.
I've done a lot of soul-searching since Christmas about how my faults have hindered me and have figured out that I do what I do for God, not for me or for recognition. I'm just going to leave it at that.

4. If you found a remote that could rewind, fast forward, stop and start time, what would you do with it?
Throw it away.

5. Any special plans for the Memorial Day weekend? Will you in some way honor or recognize the meaning of this day (remembering people who died in service to their country)? Have you ever been to Arlington National Cemetery? Does your town do anything special to mark the day?
Hopefully, we'll be camping. Our first choice of campgrounds doesn't take reservations so we may be taking our chances.
Edit: I completely skipped over the other questions!!!
My husband is from a military family (his dad is retired Army) so the military is close to our hearts. The Small Town doesn't do anything special for the day (that I know of, anyway).
I've been to Arlington a couple of times, and it really does hit home. So many people who died so we can enjoy the freedom we have.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
If you've read past years' posts you know what a fan I am of getting out of the door at 6:00 a.m. during the summer for a walk in the park with the dogs. I'm rethinking that this year and have decided 5:45 is an even better time. The squirrels aren't even awake then so I don't have to worry about the dogs getting distracted. Monday we had the whole park to ourselves and Tues. there was a group of guys (possibly Air Force...there's a National Guard base close by) running and doing some situps/pushups along the way. So 5:45 it will be!!!

12 comments:

  1. I'm going back to Weight Watchers next week and part of this is to get back to my walking. Not sure I could do it at 5:45 AM, but I'm thinking 4 PM would be good. Still nice, no bugs and I could get the walk in before dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new school? Is that going to be good do you think? We've got a bit of rain in the weekend forecast, but I don't think it will be all rain all the time so we'll grab the sunshine when we can. We're all pooped so a weekend with nothing in particular on the calendar sounds nice. There's a new brewery opening up nearby this weekend and we might check that out, but other than that no plans. Oh wait, a nap. Definitely a nap in my plans : ) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thought for a long time about getting up earlier to get some kind of exercise in before the kids get up and we have to leave for school/work. Maybe I should; you made it sound so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to start the day Mary. I work with a man from Ireland. I could listen to him talk all day. I might have him record my voicemail! Love your authentic self! laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am flat out envious of your walking plans... I hope my next home/neighborhood has that as a possibility!

    "throw it away" is the PERFECT answer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog. 5:45am sounds perfect to get out there - especially as hot as it gets here just a little bit later in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you getting up and walking early. I'm trying to get myself up a 1/2 early each day to get a mile walked before work, because so many times it's too hot by the time I get home. Doing it some, but haven't worked up to every day yet. lol

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend and get to go camping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to love to camp, and still do.
    But, hubby says it would cost us a fortune to get all the gear we need together.
    So I guess my camping days are over.

    For years I wasn't a morning person which is bad when you have young children.
    But, now that our children are grown I usually wake up between 4:00a.m. - 5:00a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary,

    I'm an easy-going person, so I can get along with most others. I don't know what it would be like to actually work with people all day, though. It's been too many years since I've worked outside the home. People are a lot different now than they were 30 years ago. I'm afraid I'd put my foot in my mouth too much. Camping sounds fun but I hate bugs! I hope your dogs are big and fierce ready to tear apart anyone wishing to do you harm if you go for walks in the park in the early a.m. hours. Thanks for visiting today!

    Curious as a Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the move to a new school is good for you (and for the students you will be helping!). Oh my... 5:45 a.m.? I gave up getting out of bed that early when I retired. If I am up at 7:00 or 7:30, I am up early these days! More like 8:00 or 8:30. Of course, we don't have dogs. Cats go to the litter box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you felt that way on your trip. I hope you get a camping spot! Way to go on getting up early and walking. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also hope the move to new school will be a happy one.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts