Splurging on the Wednesday Hodgepodge


Joyce has more questions this week for us. Click on the logo above to see how everyone else answered these questions.

1. What happens to the mail at your house?
I distribute it, look at mine and throw away the trash, put CH's on his desk, and leave YS' on the kitchen table where it usually stays until I end up throwing it away.

2. Something you always splurge on? Any guilt associated with the splurge?
Having a cleaning service come in once/month to clean the house. No guilt whatsoever. BUT...why is it when you hire someone they do a great job the first couple of times but then I start feeling like I could do a better job? I've suspended my service over the summer (I can't justify having them come when I'm not working) and I may look for someone else when school starts back up.

3. There are many, but what are two important questions you think every bride and groom should ask/answer before they plan their walk down the aisle?
Definitely ask about attending church, especially if they don't attend church regularly and if they are not of the same religion. (This could be a whole post on its own!!!)

Kids. Make sure you're on the same page about wanting kids. That would have been a definite deal-breaker for me.

4. What's the best advice your father ever gave you?
As long as there's no blood, let the boys go at it. This was a time when the boys were little and they were driving me crazy with the fighting. I called him and asked him how they did it with 10 of us. That was the answer he gave me.

5. Your favorite movie where a father features heavily in the storyline?
Father of the Bride was the first one that came to mind. Maybe it's a result of this week's questions?

6. Insert your own random thought here.
I spent an afternoon with one of my sisters. She lives out in the country & has a fantastic view of a mountain from her back porch. As I walked out the front door I saw a cardinal & mentioned it to her. Then she showed me this in one of her bushes:
3 just hatched baby cardinals in a nest
She was able to get close enough to count 3 baby cardinals in the nest. So sweet!!! 
On my way out to her house, I saw a sign on the side of the road so I stopped on my way out to see what it was. Very interesting!
Sign with historical background for The Black Sulfur Spring

I'm assuming this is the spring. 
2 creeks meeting in the woods

Have you seen anything interesting in your neck of the woods lately?

7 comments:

  1. Hello Mary, I enjoyed your answers to the hodgepodge this week. I'm chuckling at your dad's advice for those fighting boys. I'm guessing they survived. :)
    Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had a cleaning service because I have this weird idea that I'd have to clean before they got there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a baby cardinal. I'm wondering if the male babies are red when they're born or if they turn. The baby blue birds were spotted at birth. Ha-kids and the mail. They do not live in a world where mail is critical. Your dad was wise : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good ole kitchen table with magnet. I total relate with table.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been afraid to have someone in my house. Not sure I can trust them. My niece did that with my dad. Cleaned really great for awhile but after a few years she has really slacked on the job! Sounds like a nice time with your sister. Hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Mary! Those Cardinal babies are some cute! I love Cardinals and have all my life. I have a pair that live in the shrubs by our driveway. I have the best shot I took one winter. I plan to use it with our Christmas cards next year!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts