Last April Hodgepodge

If you're looking for my final post for the A-Z Blogging Challenge, click HERE.

1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Are you blooming where you're planted as we begin the month of May?
Are you kidding me?  It's almost the end of the school year (12 1/2 more school days!).

2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being no big deal, and 10 being full scale panic, rank your fear of spiders.
3.  I'm not fond of them, but I don't mind stepping in them/killing them if I need to.  I do admire the beauty of a spiderweb, though...as long as I'm not walking through it.

3. May is National Salad Month (who knew???)...besides lettuce, what are two must-have ingredients in your favorite salad?
Mushrooms & cheese.

4. I mentioned on my blog last week that my Daughter1 will be moving to Washington State after she is married. Of the following sites in the Northwest, which would you most like to see in person-Crater Lake (Oregon), Seattle (Washington), Vancouver (British Columbia), San Juan Islands (Washington),  Mt. Rainer (Washington) Oregon Coast (Oregon), Mt. St. Helens (Washington), or Olympic National Park (Washington)
All of those sound wonderful!  I'd really like to go to Banff, especially after seeing CH's pictures from his trip to Alaska a few years ago.

5. This coming weekend marks the 140th running of the Kentucky Derby...when did you last race (literally or figuratively) to cross a finish line?
At the risk of sounding like a broken record...it's the end of the school year.  I've been racing all year long!

6. What is something little you love?
My Ally-ba.  This sweetie is really showing her age, and is having trouble walking.  Her legs will just all of a sudden give out on her, and she'll be on her belly on the floor.

7. Would you say you are more of a visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learner? Elaborate.
Definitely kinesthetic.  I learn best by doing.  Don't tell me or show me how to do something, walk me through it.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I made it through the A-Z Blog Challenge!  YAY!!!  It's been fun rediscovering places in the Great Smoky Mountains that I haven't thought about in a loooong time, and discovering new places to go.  
It's also the end of "Autism Awareness Month", and the beginning of "Better Hearing and Speech Month".  Oh, and the end of the school year is coming up (12 .5 more school days, but who's counting?).  

13 comments:

  1. I can't tell you the number of times I've told Chris I want to go to Banff! Maybe one day! Your sweet dog sounds like our oldest one, Maddie. She'll be 14 in Nov. She seems disoriented a lot to me these days. I'm trying hard to prepare my heart for the day when she'll no longer be around. Just so hard to watch them age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me bawling....#6 has me in tears. It's so hard on us who love our fur babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have an aging dog and he sometimes walks so stiff-legged. Its hard to watch but he's such a sweet old man. The other day he actually RAN and I almost teared up!!
    We have similar answers to the spider question. =)
    I get the impression that perhaps you are happy the school year is almost over?? LOL My oldest girl is graduating high school this year so for me, its bittersweet. Senior Prom is Friday. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, but you forgot to mention that the end of the school year is coming. LOL Enjoyed your post, Mary. So sad about the puppy. We have one that occasionally has that same problem. She's nearly 8 years old and it's so hard to see that happen, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dream is to cruise up to Alaska and then take the glass-domed train through the Canadian Rockies, with a stopover in Banff. I doubt it will happen, but it's a dream of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay to the end of a school year! That is definitely a race I'll be glad to have over for a couple of months :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Banff is lovely. We drove the Icefiled Parkway from Banff to Jasper after a rain. It snowed in the higher elevations. Magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheese is a great addition to salad!

    I would love to visit Banff someday too! It has been on my vacation list for the past fifteen years. We want to someday, hopefully before another fifteen years pass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry about your dog. My last dog went through the same thing before she passed away. She was a very sweet border collie/English setter mix.
    I have been on a cruise to Alaska, i definitely would not want to live there though. I am too used to Cali weather no way i can go colder than it already is in the winter. I hope you have a great week and i like your blog, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mushrooms and cheese are awesome on a salad. That's true CH's pictures have been inspiring. Sorry about your pups legs....((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  11. mushrooms... my favorite...
    No... no stomping on spiders... you'll have to read mine. I take them to safety :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still cannot get over how early your school district ends! Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always wanted to take the Banff-Whistler train. I hear it is so pretty! I might get a chance now that I'll have a daughter living in the Northwest. Congrats on finishing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts